Friday, January 2, 2009

Can Tendonitis Get You A Medical Marijuana Card?

Sleeping less and perform better: My experience with biphasic sleep

This cursed (and blessed) blog has undoubtedly changed my life in many ways. One of the most important may have been the way it has disrupted my usual pattern of sleep-waking hours. I tell you: Prepare the inputs (and find things "public"), even if not created, by the caliber of the crap they give out here, "I stole a few good hours each day. If to this I add that, like all my neighbors, as well as work ... where do I get the time-and strength-for everything else? Not just blogs live man ... I want to lead a relatively "balanced" (with a girlfriend and everything, hear) ... where you can enjoy all I feel like doing those things (and not die of exhaustion in the attempt). Clearly the days of 24 hours I were running very short. What could I do? The solution is what connoisseurs call "biphasic sleep" ... state, as now you see, when I came gradually and completely natural.

The miracle and the result of this "art" is currently enough for me about 5 hours sleep a day (spread over 2 blocks) to stay active (and savvy) throughout the day. Perhaps many of you that figure does not impress them at all (all who signed it have babies right now). I understand. But in my case it is exceptional, being a stark contrast to my old model. Compare.

My scheme phase "of life" was to wake up at 7:00. Go to work until 15:00. And then "everything else" until 23:00, when I used to go to sleep. 8 hours of sleep ... that I fought to a bitter morning after waking up (I am of those who hit the sheets you sleep 8, 10 or 20 hours) and have a growing sense of weariness after noon. If you also ever dared to sleep a little later, at 12 for example ... oh! poor me! day ... I had no body next to nothing. There was a person.

When I started the blog my scheme was not affected at all. Substituted just minutes you spent on other pursuits by it. Of course, this is not "sustainable" for a long time. One would arise new concerns, or want to retake some of the past ... but also give to this passion. So every time for more things ... and therefore needs more time ... so just bringing me to sleep each day later. All this culminated in need of a restorative nap after lunch.

After all these progressive changes, which I repeat: it was not premeditated " now my schedule is as follows: I keep getting up-all todito - at 7, and keep working until 15:00 (that is unfailingly ). Then, after lunch, around 16:45, I take a nap generous. not get alarm ... I just hope to wake up naturally . But is usually about 90 minutes ... that as I explained in detail in a previous post famous, matches what exactly does a complete sleep cycle. If you recall, doing so is of vital importance ... as if any circumstances interrupt the cycle, instead of having recharged the batteries, you've got just the opposite: to be fucked and sleepy. After getting up (with renewed vitality) I have the strength to do what they like to, more or less, 3:30. Time when almost instantly fall into the arms of Morpheus, and I'm not talking about Fernando Alonso's girlfriend-(saving me the be rolling over in bed before falling asleep).

Downsides? Well, in my case over the weekend I return to "normal life", that is, the dream phase. That makes me come at noon quite eager to take my usual nap (which in those days I avoid or simply I can not afford), and that morning I run out of forces too soon, girls, do not be evil-minded. Besides not avoid it like a sock to get up every day, especially on Mondays-terrible ... but not worse than when I slept my 8 hours.

Did you recommend someone? Although I am not an expert, it seems that the practice phase (with reasonable amounts of sleep) can be dangerous. In fact sure many people, like me, I exercise without knowing it. If you want to make the most of the day, and you can afford it ... next! quite another is "polyphasic sleep" (also called Uberman method ) ... which, as it once may have heard, is to reduce at 2 and 5 hours of sleep daily, by naps of 20 to 50 minutes (spread throughout the day). It was always said that some celebrities such as Leonardo da Vinci , Edison, Franklin or Thomas Jefferson used this system ... but the truth is that they are mostly false statements (or unaudited) . What it has shown is that practice is usually bad for your health (sleep deprivation harms memory, the ability to solve problems, increased anxiety and stress, etc). Apart from that it makes little sense to be polyphasic when everyone lives "in phase". In fact, Steve Pavlina , the famous blogger who recounted his experience with polyphasic had to leave for this very reason ... there is little point be awake when everyone is asleep. These hours are not "worth" the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment